Toowoomba Arafmi House
Our Toowoomba Arafmi House is a large double-storey house quietly tucked away in Rangeville, Toowoomba. Unlike our other houses, Toowoomba is unique as it offers accommodation for NDIS participants and also their carer if needed.
We allow NDIS participants who have access to core funding to experience time away from home in a safe, relaxing and supportive environment. There is also the option to have access to support staff throughout the stay to help ensure all individual needs are met.
Who is the short-term accommodation for?
Arafmi is a registered NDIS provider and offers a range of accommodation options and support for people with a psychosocial disability, situated across South East Queensland. We allow NDIS participants who have access to core funding to experience time away from home in a safe, relaxing and supportive environment.
How flexible is the accommodation?
We understand from time to time, you may require temporary supports that are different from your usual arrangements. Our accommodation can be accessed should you need a short-stay in the countryside, or simply need somewhere to rest in between appointments or travel.
What are the bedrooms like?
Each of our generously sized guest bedrooms are private, comfortable and uniquely decorated.
What are the shared spaces like?
Guests have access to our multiple shared spaces throughout the property including our large kitchen and dining area, our comfortable lounge room with a TV, and the paved outdoor area which is perfect for soaking up the sun and relaxing.
Is there assistance with meal preparation?
We understand there are times when guests may need assistance preparing meals, or have certain dietary requirements that need to be catered for. If this is the case, we can help. Alternatively, guests accessing the house for a short-stay with a carer can prepare their own meals and take advantage of our very spacious and modern kitchen.
Things to do during your stay
- Toowoomba is known for its beautiful parks and gardens, as well as Picnic Point which offers a lookout with incredible views. While you’re there, grab a coffee or enjoy a delicious meal at the cafe or restaurant.
- If you come to Toowoomba during September, you’ll be able to see the Carnival of Flowers!
- For people travelling in from rural and remote areas, Toowoomba offers extensive shopping choices. We have Grand Central which has major chain shops like Myer and Harvey Norman, as well as a Cinema and the Empire Theatre.
- In addition to the retail shopping, Toowoomba is developing a real cafe culture and a variety of dining experiences. It is also a regional centre for health services, University of Southern Qld, TAFE and many private schools.
- Within an hour drive are national parks, award winning restaurants, wineries, historical pioneer villages and dams.
Contact our friendly team on 07 4687 7771 for more suggestions and recommendations so we can help you plan an enjoyable stay at our Arafmi House in Toowoomba.
Get in touch
If this sounds like the right accommodation solution for you, or the person you care for, contact us to see how we can help.