Mount Gravatt Arafmi House
Our Mount Gravatt Arafmi House, commonly known as ‘Jerendine’ is a comfortable two-storey home nestled amongst the trees in Mt Gravatt, just 20 minutes south of Brisbane.
Our Mount Gravatt Arafmi House allows people living with a psychosocial disability to experience time away from home in a safe, relaxing and supportive environment with staff on hand throughout the stay to ensure all individual needs are met.
Who is the short-term accommodation for?
Arafmi is a registered NDIS provider and offers a range of accommodation options and support for people with a psychosocial disability, situated across South East Queensland. We allow NDIS participants who have access to core funding to experience time away from home in a safe, relaxing and supportive environment.
How flexible is the accommodation?
Our flexible accommodation allows NDIS participants to stay for a day, overnight, a weekend, a week-long holiday or longer, or simply a few hours break each week. For longer term arrangements, speak to our team about Supported Independent Living which may be included in your NDIS plan.
What are the bedrooms like?
Each of our generously sized guest bedrooms are private, comfortable and uniquely decorated.
What are the shared spaces like?
Guests have access to our multiple entertainment areas throughout the property, whether they choose to unwind and enjoy the latest on Foxtel in the lounge, socialise with other guests, or simply sit back and relax in our outdoor areas. We also have a large kitchen and dining area which looks out on the cosy outdoor verandah, a media room downstairs with a large screen for viewing movies, a computer, games and more.
Is there assistance with meal preparation?
We freshly prepare evening meals and lunches for guests staying at our houses. Our meals are prepared with care and skill by our talented staff, using high quality and locally sourced ingredients. All meals (except for treats and desserts) are nutritionally balanced to meet guests’ needs.
Things to do during your stay
- Enjoy the local attractions including the Mt Gravatt Lookout which offers stunning views of Brisbane City, or enjoy some time bushwalking around the beautiful Toohey Forest.
- Spend the morning by the water at the Manly Harbour and treat your tastebuds to the delicious food on offer at the local market.
- If you’re in the mood to shop, the nearby Garden City Westfield offers hundreds of specialty shops, large department stores, cinemas, bowling and a range of restaurants and cafes.
- Visit Daisy Hill Koala Centre and see koalas in a natural outdoor setting!
- Feel like putting your feet up? We have plenty of space at the house for you to read a book, watch tv or socialise with our support workers.
How you choose to spend your time with us is entirely up to you. Our aim is to provide you with a safe and comfortable environment for you to enjoy, with access to support staff who can ensure your individual needs are met.
Contact our friendly team on 07 3411 2777 for more suggestions and recommendations so we can help you plan an enjoyable stay at our Mount Gravatt Arafmi House.
Get in touch
Arafmi is a registered NDIS provider and offers a range of accommodation options and support for people with a psychosocial disability, situated across South East Queensland. Contact us to see how we can help.