Finance Manager / Financial Accountant
|Position:||Finance Manager / Financial Accountant|
|Classification:||Social Community Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Level 6 / 7|
|Hours of work:||Part Time or Full Time (To be negotiated)|
Arafmi Ltd is a community organisation providing support for families, carers and people with a mental health issue or psychosocial disability. Commencing as a carer self-help group in Brisbane in 1977, Arafmi Brisbane became incorporated in 1986 and since then has developed a broad range of services to support people experiencing mental ill health and their families and carers. These services were initially developed in the Brisbane region and have gradually been extended and adapted to provide support for Arafmi groups and carers in Service areas of Queensland.
Arafmi is a registered provider with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and our support services include:
Accommodation Support Services, Personal Support Services, Clinical & Allied Health Services
Personal, Group and Mutual Self-Help and Support for persons living with severe and persistent, and severe and episodic mental illness
Carer support groups and telephone support
Carer Connect – one on one support for carers
Education for families and carers
Information and referral
Arafmi services are funded by Department of Social Services, Department Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services and Queensland Health.
Purpose of the Position
The position of Finance Manager / Financial Accountant is a pivotal position, which joins a not-for-profit company in radical transition. As such, the position is very much hands on, yet works as part of the Senior Arafmi Leadership team to ensure the effective and efficient overall financial management and fiscal integrity of the company.
Working directly with the CEO the Financial Manager / Financial Accountant has a key role in shaping and informing key business decisions and future development of company initiative and directions with the current NDIS operating environment.
Key Responsibility Areas
Financial Management (Key Strategic and Operational Priorities)
1. Working directly to the CEO to support and coordinate the development of organisational budgets and provide monitoring and forecasting support to the Arafmi Ltd Board, CEO and operational services to ensure prudent and proper fiscal management of funding
2. Oversee financial compliance and control processes to ensure compliance with external reporting and contractual requirements, external financial audit and ATO compliance requirements
3. Work as part of the senior leadership and management team to develop and support strategic and key operational priorities of the organisation
4. Provide financial advice and reports to the CEO and board as requested
Financial Management (General)
5. Responsible for overseeing all payments for the organisation including ensuring all accounts are paid in a timely manner and that all requests for payment are duly authorised and approved
6. Lead a small team to record all outgoing payments – cheque, cash, BPay, EFT and debit cards – in the MYOB accounting system and ensure they are allocated to the correct cost centre/funding source.
7. Lead a small team to receive incoming payments, generating account invoices, issuing receipts and banking and ensure they are allocated to the correct cost centre/funding source in MYOB.
8. Provide monthly Board/CEO Reports
9. Complete the monthly reconciliation of all Arafmi bank accounts and ensure all General Ledger accounts are correct to Trial Balance
10. Complete BAS and IAS on behalf of the organisation
11. Maintain a record of income received and cash payments made for the annual audit of the organisation
1. Process fortnightly payroll in MYOB, using EFT for payments to employees, producing pay advices for all employees and payroll reports for individual programs
2. Process payment of superannuation and maintain all superannuation records
3. Prepare individual PAYG summaries for employees at the end of each financial year and the PAYG Statement for the Australian Taxation Office
Financial Management (NDIS)
1. Lead a small team to develop and maintain oversight and implementation of all NDIS invoice, billing and payments processes for the organisation
2. Develop and monitor NDIS service budgets and provide assessments, advice and reports on financial performance and where required make recommendations with regard to remedial and corrective actions
3. Maintain all relevant and appropriate records in the accounting system and ensure compliance with all request audit requirements
4. Develop and maintain oversight and implementation of NDIS payments, generating account invoices, issuing receipts and banking and ensure appropriate reconciliation of all accounts
1. Participate as an effective member of the Arafmi Leadership Team
2. Contribute to the identification and development of systems and policies as needed
3. Contribute to the day to day operations of the Arafmi Head Office
4. Any other duties as required by the CEO
Hours of Work
The role requires minimum 45.6 to a maximum 60.8 hours per fortnight and times of attendance are to be negotiated in line with the organisation’s needs. Part time and full-time employment options are available and open to negotiation.
- Relevant Degree qualifications (e.g. Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce; CPA or CA qualified or near completion highly desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge and 5yrs experience of the full function of accounting for a medium size business, understanding of Australian accounting and taxation systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all aspects of payroll administration and processing for medium size payroll including the administration and management of superannuation
- Working knowledge of NDIS
- Intermediate to advanced user of MYOB, Microsoft Office especially word and excel
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and control own workload
- Outstanding attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation
- High level of written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure and experience in the community, disability or NFP sector is highly desirable and will be well regarded
- Tertiary level accounting degree qualification will be highly regarded
- All employees must consent to Criminal History Screening/Police check
- All people employed by Arafmi Queensland are required to observe its policies and procedures
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
To find out more about the role please call us on 07 3254 1881, or email email@example.com.
To view the Finance Manager / Financial Accountant ad on SEEK click here.